LED lights, or light-emitting diodes, are one of the many types of lights in the world. This light source can be attached to many objects, including as the main light of a motorized vehicle. Ask yourself whether you want to choose vintage led bulbs when it comes to the LED light choice.
There are many reasons why vehicle owners choose to use this lamp rather than other types of lights. Bulb for example. Compared to a bulb, clear LEDs are better in many aspects. The LEDs are brighter, but with low electricity consumption. Likewise with the aspect of the age of use. LEDs have a longer life. However, LEDs still have a negative aspect. First, the entire circuit or LED module must be replaced even if only one lamp is dead. Second, because the color is white, it is actually less than optimal in providing visibility when it rains.
All the above descriptions are general facts that many people may already know. But there are some other interesting facts related to LEDs. Anything? Processed from the energy.gov page, following the reviews:
1. There have been 49 million LED lights installed in the United States (US) throughout 2012. This figure is calculated to save annual energy costs of US $ 675 million. It is said, if all the lights are replaced by LEDs, in the next two decades the money saved can reach the US $ 250 billion, plus reducing 1.8 million metric tons of carbon emissions.
2. Between 2011 and 2012, global sales of LEDs that replaced bulbs rose to 22 percent. It is estimated that in 2030 75 percent of the lamps sold are LEDs.
3. Since the US Department of Energy began research on solid-state lighting in 2000, this project has received 58 patents. Some patents discuss how to develop new materials, increase light intensity, and solutions to several LED problems.
4. LED does not contain mercury. A study by the US Department of Energy even concluded that the environmental impact of LEDs is far less than that of a bulb.
5. LEDs have been used in many objects. Including traffic lights, brake lights, TV, and others. This is due to the unique character of LEDs, such as compact size, easy repair, and focus light.